Some fantastic announcements in the Autumn Statement to support people and businesses in the coming months and years, including:
- A further rise in the Income Tax Threshold so we all pay no tax on the first £11,500 of our income.
- Increasing the Living Wage again in April to £7.50 an hour
- Cancelling the rise in Fuel Duty for the seventh year running, saving the average car driver £130 a year.
- A 23bn investment in innovation and infrastructure over 5 years to make us more efficient and effective as a country
- £2.3bn additional funding for housing in high-demand areas and a further £1.4bn for more affordable homes.
- £1.4bn more for local public transport and £1.8bn funding for Local Growth in the English Regions
- Funding for 2,500 more Prison Officers to support existing staff and make sure prisons are safer and more secure.
- In addition there will be no more money taken from the Welfare Budget in this Parliament.